2020 CordaCon developer highlights — day one
October 21, 2020
On October 20th, we kickstarted our annual flagship event CordaCon 2020, which runs for a 5th consecutive year. This year it is in a new digital format and we have a fantastic panel of speakers, an impressive list of sponsors, and over 5000 registered attendees.
Join us on the final day of the conference — this is a great opportunity to learn and engage with the worldwide blockchain community.
Here are some of the developer highlights from day one.
This year’s CordaCon themes are Transact, Connect, and Simplify.
Corda roadmap & future plan: a quick peek at Corda 5
Corda 5 updates:
- Support for Java 11.
- Support for Kotlin 1.3.
- Support for Gradle 6.
- Support for TLS 1.3.
Corda-aaS: Bring your CorDapp and we will host it for you
- Focus on building your business and your CorDapp — not on operating Corda.
- Go to market more quickly, with scale and enterprise-grade performance.
- Leverage predictable cost models to reduce running costs and TCO.
Corda feature enhancements
- Consensus states.
- Out-of-node signing.
- Data distribution groups.
- CorDapp package management.
- Vault subscription.
- Standard REST endpoints – RESTful APIs in a layered API architecture.
Payments on Corda: The Roadmap to Universal Payments
- All integrations go through ISO 20022.
- Emerging global standard.
- Enable DvP out of the box.
Developer Challenge: Accelerate the Potential of 5G with Blockchain
How it works:
- Stage 1: value proposition.
- Stage 2: solution design.
- Stage 3: demonstrable prototype.
- Finish line: support to go to production.
- R3–1 year Corda Enterprise License & $15K grant & Marketing Opportunity.
- Commercial Pilot.
These were the brief developer highlights from day one – I hope to see you all on day three of CordaCon 2020 tomorrow.
Peter Li is a Developer Evangelist at R3, an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a global ecosystem of more than 350 participants across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda — its open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise — a commercial version of Corda for enterprise usage.
Follow us on Twitter here.